Monday 7 February 2011

Writing on

I recently completed the 'Are you ready for science study?' quiz on the OU website. To my surprise, though I got all the maths questions correct first time, I struggled much more with the English ones. The English involved reading a piece of text and then answering questions on the content and picking the correct summarys. I've discovered I'm rubbish at summarising, its surpriseingly hard!

So I've been practising my English via the BBC skillwise website  http://www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise/words/grammar/

I've also wriiten an essay. The subject had to be your 'Ideal something' so I wrote about my ideal dream to emigrate to Canada

My Ideal place

Impressions;
My main impressions of Canada come from TV programmes and photos. Everything there seems to be wild, cold, vast and towering. Its fauna is magnificent, with the last roaming wolf packs being its chief attraction as well as beavers, bison, elk and bears. It also has a great variety of wildflowers. Unfortunately it is all under threat from habitat destruction and climate change
My reasons;
I’d like to emigrate there because I’m told its very clean and has a great outdoor culture which would suit me fine. I’d like to help preserve its unique wilderness as well.
The Canadian consensus document;
Canada is one of the few countries in the world that treat ME with the seriousness it deserves. They seem to be a very contempary people. The Canadian Consensus document is the best written and informed guidelines for diagnosing and treating ME in the world (I’ve just been reading it and it made me gasp, it was so good). Importantly they put a great deal of emphasis on mental and physical fatigue which worsens with exercise rather than just emphasising fatigue. Everyone gets fatigued. In comparison studies its been proven that people diagnosed according to the Canadian Consensus compared with other diagnostic criteria are far more physically impaired and have more neurocognitive and neurological symptoms. This also means physicians and health care providers take it much more seriously. My ME would be much better treated and viewed if I lived in Canada.

Btw what do people think of my new color scheme?

Hope your all AWAP :)    


No comments:

Post a Comment