Friday 11 February 2011

ME; latest debate and videos

I have three new videos on my 'Videos and slideshows' page now.



The above is about a recent debate in the Houses of Parliament, UK on . It was initiated by Ian Swales, Lib Dem MP for Redcar in Middlesborough. I've only watched five minutes of it so far, its rather long, but I agree with most of what was said in the snatch I watched. Ian Swales seems like a nice politition. However I don't agree that the government has improved their attitude towards ME since the Cheif Medical officers report in 2002. In fact, since the appearance of the NICE guidelines, I feel things have got worse for ME sufferers rather than better



The second is a video on some research which has found white blood cell damage indicating the body has been attacked by a virus. My ME, as I have mentioned, was started by a virus and I also showed signs of viral attack in my early blood tests but it was overlooked so I'm glad this abnormality has finally been recognised and documented



This is an edit of an earlier video I made, simply to raise awareness of ME and questions in peoples minds. The song is a charity single, written and played by my glamorous, talented friend Chlay, to raise money for the ME Association. You can buy it here http://chlay.blogspot.com/2010/09/darcy-joy.html . Follow the iTunes link or just donate!

I'll try to keep up with my blog during my studies but it'll be more difficult, so untill I'm back all keep yourself AWAP x

No comments:

Post a Comment