Sunday 6 February 2011

OU funding

So I've finally got all my equipment ready to start next Sat. For this course I received a book and a DVD as my study materials from the OU, and have bought a bright yellow ( lovely color!) box file, three highlighter pens, a copy of 'The Good Study guide' and a book on lichen. I've been informed that they place a lot of emphasis on lichen in this course

I can't get any financial support for this course as you need to be studying 30 credits a year before you can apply. You get 10 credits for a Level 1 course so you'd need to be studying three a year or higher level courses to pass. I think there was some other catch but I can't remember what

The course involves five activities, mostly pratical which is good. Also you have to submit 10 Identifications to iSpot. At the end you have a assessment (EMA) which consists of a quiz and a 300 word essay on your field study

I'm already a member of iSpot, see link   http://www.ispot.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment