Tuesday 10 May 2011

Twas' a long road and a hard one

Nausea has dominated my ME. In fact its how it seemed to be triggered.I had a mysterious enterovirus when I was 8. It was never properly investigated, so I don't know exactly what kind it was, but it made me
very ill - extraodinarily high temperture, intense nausea, vomiting on everything

For most of my ME nausea and IBS have been my two main symptoms. First I had chronic constipation, then constant diarrea which only stopped when I started taking bio-acidophilus forte (friendly bacteria
tablets). I've suffered nausea so intense I've had to be on a drip to prevent dehydration. It has improved of late but I still suffer when I'm 'done in'; for instance when we went to Centre Parks. I've been talking about it on Foggy friends and several members have complained its their most delibitating symptom

"It is horrible and very debilitating" Beauty
"I don't often suffer with nausea but my daughter (10) does. It's so frustrating because she will miss what little school she does because of it. She eats little and often and has some medication but often nothing seems to help" cookie
"Vomiting is horrible because it is so utterly exhausting" Lizbeth

No comments:

Post a Comment