Friday 29 April 2011

Surgery, relapse and a death; the week my life fell to peices again

Hi all in cyberspace, sorry I haven't posted for a while.

So lets start with the surgery. On a Tuesday a couple of weeks ago I
went to the dentists to have the hole in my tooth filled in. I was
already struggling - the tooth infection had left me with an upset
tummy and tired. My Scoliosis had also been playing up badly making
resting difficult. Afterwards I went home and did pratically nothing
for the rest of the day apart from giving my guinea pig, Barney, a
cuddle. Little did I realise it'd be my last one.

In the evening, after I'd gone to bed I became violently nauseus. I
vomited and wretched constantly, literally every 5 mins, for about the
next 12 hours. The situation was only made worse by the fact I had
nothing to actually vomit on. My tummy became very sore and it was a
long time before I could even manage a small drink. It was also very
frightening. It reminded me of the ME symptom I had when I was little.
I think it was a recurrance of it though the doctors said it was just
indigestion or a bug. Needless to say neither of these doctors
actually saw me in the flesh

I'd only just started to recover from this, and realise I wasn't going
to die from dehydration after all, then I was forced to confront the
spectre of death again. Barney became very ill. My Mum rushed to him
the vets.The vet couldn't examine him properly though as his mouth was
full of saliva. She thought the only thing to do was put him under
anesthetic. This is very dangerous for guinea pigs but after tearful
discussion over the phone, which was hampered by my struggling to
talk, we agreed to go ahead. He survived it but died that night

I've been pretty rough since

Apoligies if this isn't the happiest of posts

x

No comments:

Post a Comment