Wednesday 15 September 2010

Dr Wight

It would take a very long time to explain every detail of the journey
which led me to becomeing one of Dr Wights patients so I shall
probably explain more as we go along. I'll just say for now that we
first heard of him when he was reccomended to us by a man who goes to
Dads Yoga Nidra class. We pressuried my Dad into going, in spite of
his aversion to anything vaugely 'hippyish', to try and releive his
stress. As it turns out its just as well we did or we'd never have
heard about Dr Wight. The man who reccomended him actually suffers
from lyme disease, not ME, but he'd been misdiagnosed with ME to start
with which is how he ended up at Dr Wights clinic.
He first tested me for Mitochondria disorders because, though ME is
generally regarded by enlightend clinicians as a neroulogical
disorder, many ME sufferers have Mitochondria problems and all forms
of treatment will prove pointless if your Mitochondria isn't working
properly.
I'v suffered from many, varied neroulogical symptoms over the years
ranging from cocentration and memory problems, hypersensitivity and
IBS to name but a few. However as I haven't got anything wrong with my
actual Mitichondria cells (apart from this glycolic acid which ison my
translocating proteins, not affecting the cell itself) the other
likely cause of my neroulogical symptoms is a persistent virus.
Probably an Enterovirus (virus of the gut). I haven't actually been
tested for any Enteroviruses as it would involve a stomach biopsy and
Dr Wight didn't want to do one of those on me. It was a virus which
gave me a very high temperature and made me so sick I couldn't keep
even water down (symptoms suggestive of a virus of the gut) that
seemed to cause my ME, 10 years ago, though.
To help fight a potential persistent virus Dr Wight has given me low
dose Naltrexone to take. I'v been taking a 1ml dose for a week now. I
haven't experienced the miracle cure I half dreamed of yet, actually
all I'v really had are a few side affects (headache, sore throat), but
nothing too bad. Overall, along with my new diet, sleep meds and
infra-red, I'm feeling brighter and optimistic

2 comments: